Dancing auditions for kids in Fenton are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Fenton and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fenton: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Fenton typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Fenton will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Fenton take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Fenton, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fenton
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Fenton are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fenton reviewed by Michal Stivers
I Love this Service!
“Immediately after opening an account, We instantly got access to auditions in our location. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”