Dancing auditions for kids in Forest Hills are for kids who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Forest Hills and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Forest Hills: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Forest Hills normally demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn details about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Forest Hills will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Forest Hills are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Forest Hills, Pennsylvania
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Forest Hills
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Forest Hills are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Forest Hills reviewed by Dusti Fenton
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after registering a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”