Dancing auditions for kids in Fort Oglethorpe are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they watch on TV and the internet? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Fort Oglethorpe and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fort Oglethorpe: Preparation
Before the audition there are several steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Fort Oglethorpe typically demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research information about the audition. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Fort Oglethorpe can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Fort Oglethorpe take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fort Oglethorpe
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Fort Oglethorpe are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Fort Oglethorpe reviewed by Reta Teller
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 2 weeks!”