Dancing auditions for kids in Garland are for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complex routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Garland and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Garland: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are some things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Garland usually demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Below are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Garland could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Garland take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Garland, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Garland
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Garland are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Garland reviewed by Preston Meneses
Registering changed everything!
“After creating a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 1 week!”