Dancing auditions for kids in Geneseo are for kids who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Geneseo and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Geneseo: Preparation
Before the audition there are some steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Geneseo usually demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Geneseo will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest Up. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Geneseo take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Geneseo, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Geneseo
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Geneseo are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Geneseo reviewed by Miriam Mcmurtry
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after signing up for a new account, I immediately had access to auditions nearby. My kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”