Dancing auditions for kids in Germantown are designed to find kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complex routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Germantown and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Germantown: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Germantown normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research information about the audition. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Germantown can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance.
Resting. Getting rest is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Germantown are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Germantown, Tennessee
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Germantown
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Germantown are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Germantown reviewed by Brice Purvis
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Immediately after opening a new account, I instantly got access to dancing auditions in the area. Our kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”