Dancing auditions for kids in Glenview are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Glenview and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Glenview: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Glenview typically demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Glenview could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest Up. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get sufficient rest each night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Glenview take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Glenview, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Glenview
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Glenview are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Glenview reviewed by Nicolas Beaulieu
I Love this Site!
“Right after signing up for an account, We immediately had access to auditions in our location. My child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”