Dancing auditions for kids in Gold River are designed for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Gold River and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Gold River: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are some things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Gold River usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather all the details about the audition you can. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Gold River could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get a good night’s rest every night for the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Gold River take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Gold River, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Gold River
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Gold River are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Gold River reviewed by Kym Carnes
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after registering a new account, I immediately got access to dancing auditions in our location. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”