Dancing auditions for kids in Grand Ledge are for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Grand Ledge and some tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grand Ledge: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Grand Ledge normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Grand Ledge could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Grand Ledge take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Grand Ledge, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grand Ledge
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Grand Ledge are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grand Ledge reviewed by Zenaida Kerner
Registering changed our lives!
“Right after opening an account, We immediately got access to auditions nearby. My kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”