Dancing auditions for kids in Grand Rapids are designed for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Grand Rapids and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grand Rapids: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Grand Rapids usually demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Grand Rapids could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get a good night’s rest each night for the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Grand Rapids take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grand Rapids
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Grand Rapids are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grand Rapids reviewed by Antonietta Hazelrigg
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after registering an account, I instantly gained access to auditions nearby. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”