Dancing auditions for kids in Gray are for children that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Gray and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Gray: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are several steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Gray normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research all the information about the audition as possible. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Gray can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for the week before an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Gray are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Gray, Maine
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Gray
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Gray are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Gray reviewed by Dovie Bisceglia
I Love this Service!
“After creating an account, We instantly gained access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”