Dancing auditions for kids in Grove are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complex routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Grove and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grove: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Grove usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition as possible. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Grove can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night for the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Grove are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Grove, Oklahoma
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grove
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Grove are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grove reviewed by Johanna Dufresne
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After creating a new account, We instantly gained access to auditions in our location. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”