Dancing auditions for kids in Grover Beach are designed to find kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Grover Beach and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grover Beach: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Grover Beach typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Grover Beach will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest each night for a week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Grover Beach take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Grover Beach, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grover Beach
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Grover Beach are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Grover Beach reviewed by Corey White
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after opening a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”