Dancing auditions for kids in Halfmoon are designed to find children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Halfmoon and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Halfmoon: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Halfmoon normally demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Halfmoon will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Rest. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Halfmoon take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Halfmoon, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Halfmoon
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Halfmoon are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Halfmoon reviewed by Jack Gadd
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after registering a new account, We immediately had access to auditions in the area. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”