Dancing auditions for kids in Hartford City are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn challenging routines they find on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Hartford City and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hartford City: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Hartford City usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Hartford City can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dancing.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get sufficient rest each night for the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Hartford City take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Hartford City, Indiana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hartford City
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Hartford City are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hartford City reviewed by Bethanie Scicchitano
I Love this Service!
“After opening a new account, We immediately gained access to dancing auditions nearby. Our child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”