Dancing auditions for kids in Herndon are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Herndon and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Herndon: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Herndon typically require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Herndon could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest Up. Getting rest is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Herndon are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Herndon, Virginia
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Herndon
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Herndon are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Herndon reviewed by Richie Ruffner
Registering changed our lives!
“After creating an account, I instantly got access to auditions nearby. My child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”