Dancing auditions for kids in Highland Park are designed to find kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they find on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Highland Park and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Highland Park: Preparing
Before the audition there are a few things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Highland Park usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather all the details about the audition you can. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Highland Park could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night for a week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Highland Park take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Highland Park, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Highland Park
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Highland Park are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Highland Park reviewed by Rupert Beckner
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Immediately after registering a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”