Dancing auditions for kids in Hillside are for kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Hillside and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hillside: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Hillside usually demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather all the details about the audition you can. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Hillside could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Hillside are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Hillside, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hillside
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Hillside are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hillside reviewed by Manda Miga
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Right after creating an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was auditioning within 1 week!”