Dancing auditions for kids in Hilo are for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they find on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Hilo and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hilo: Preparing
Before the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Hilo typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Hilo will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build up stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest every night for the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Hilo take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Hilo, Hawaii
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hilo
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Hilo are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Hilo reviewed by Richie Ruffner
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“After creating a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 1 week!”