Dancing auditions for kids in Humboldt are for kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Humboldt and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Humboldt: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Humboldt usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather information about the audition. Here are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Humboldt could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Humboldt are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Humboldt, Tennessee
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Humboldt
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Humboldt are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Humboldt reviewed by Arianna Vickrey
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, We immediately got access to dancing auditions in our location. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”