Dancing auditions for kids in Huntersville are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Huntersville and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Huntersville: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Huntersville normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Huntersville can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Huntersville take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Huntersville, North Carolina
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Huntersville
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Huntersville are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Huntersville reviewed by Sharleen Hamel
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after creating an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”