Dancing auditions for kids in Huntsville are for kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Huntsville and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Huntsville: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Huntsville typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition as possible. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Huntsville will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Huntsville are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Huntsville, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Huntsville
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Huntsville are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Huntsville reviewed by Rosanna Barbera
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, We immediately gained access to auditions in our location. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”