Dancing auditions for kids in Incline Village are for children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complex routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Incline Village and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Incline Village: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a couple things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Incline Village typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Incline Village will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dancing.
Resting. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest every night the week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Incline Village take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Incline Village, Nevada
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Incline Village
We’ve all become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Incline Village are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Incline Village reviewed by Casie Hu
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”