Dancing auditions for kids in Indian Wells are for children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Indian Wells and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Indian Wells: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Indian Wells usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Indian Wells could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest each night the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Indian Wells take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Indian Wells, Arizona
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Indian Wells
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Indian Wells are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Indian Wells reviewed by Jesenia Duvall
Registering changed our lives!
“Right after creating a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 1 week!”