Dancing auditions for kids in Kingston are for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Kingston and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Kingston: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Kingston normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research all the details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Kingston could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Kingston are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Kingston, Pennsylvania
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Kingston
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Kingston are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Kingston reviewed by Reta Teller
Registering changed everything!
“After opening an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”