Dancing auditions for kids in La Grange are designed for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in La Grange and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in La Grange: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in La Grange normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in La Grange could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get enough rest every night the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in La Grange are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in La Grange, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in La Grange
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in La Grange are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in La Grange reviewed by Anisha Pinckard
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Immediately after opening a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”