Dancing auditions for kids in La Porte are designed to find kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in La Porte and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in La Porte: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in La Porte normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research information about the audition. Below are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in La Porte can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest. Resting is generally a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get a good night’s rest every night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in La Porte take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in La Porte, Indiana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in La Porte
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in La Porte are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in La Porte reviewed by Trudie Human
I Love this Service!
“After registering a new account, I immediately had access to dancing auditions in our location. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”