Dancing auditions for kids in Lafayette are designed for children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Lafayette and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lafayette: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are several things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lafayette normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn information about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Lafayette could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Lafayette are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Lafayette, Louisiana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lafayette
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Lafayette are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lafayette reviewed by Matthew Kearl
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Immediately after signing up for a new account, We immediately gained access to dancing auditions in our location. Our child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”