Dancing auditions for kids in Lakeside are designed for children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Lakeside and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lakeside: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lakeside normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Lakeside can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance.
Resting. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night for the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Lakeside are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Lakeside, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lakeside
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Lakeside are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lakeside reviewed by Rubi Cipriani
I Love this Site!
“Immediately after creating an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 1 week!”