Dancing auditions for kids in Laurens are designed for children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Laurens and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Laurens: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Laurens typically demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Laurens will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Laurens are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Laurens, South Carolina
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Laurens
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Laurens are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Laurens reviewed by Fabian Pelfrey
Registering changed everything!
“After signing up for an account, I instantly got access to dancing auditions in our location. Our child was doing auditions within 1 week!”