Dancing auditions for kids in Lea Hill are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Lea Hill and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lea Hill: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are some things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lea Hill typically demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Lea Hill can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night for a week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Lea Hill take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Lea Hill, Washington
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lea Hill
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Lea Hill are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lea Hill reviewed by Brice Purvis
Signing Up changed everything!
“After registering a new account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”