Dancing auditions for kids in Lebanon are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn difficult routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Lebanon and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lebanon: Preparing
Before the audition there are a couple things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lebanon usually require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Lebanon could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers increase stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Lebanon are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Lebanon, Connecticut
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lebanon
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Lebanon are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lebanon reviewed by Jacquelin Degroff
Registering changed everything!
“After registering a new account, I immediately got access to dancing auditions in the area. Our kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”