Dancing auditions for kids in Lewisville are for kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn challenging routines they like on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Lewisville and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lewisville: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are several steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lewisville usually require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Lewisville can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dancing.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Lewisville take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Lewisville, North Carolina
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lewisville
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Lewisville are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lewisville reviewed by Frida Madero
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 1 week!”