Dancing auditions for kids in Livingston are for children who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they find on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Livingston and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Livingston: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Livingston normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition as possible. Below are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Livingston could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get sufficient rest every night the week before an audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Livingston take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Livingston, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Livingston
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Livingston are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Livingston reviewed by Chara Killam
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After opening a new account, We immediately got access to auditions in the area. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”