Dancing auditions for kids in Livonia are for kids that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Livonia and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Livonia: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Livonia typically require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition as possible. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Livonia will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers increase stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest every night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Livonia are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Livonia, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Livonia
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Livonia are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Livonia reviewed by Janelle Meszaros
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after signing up for an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”