Dancing auditions for kids in Lockport are designed for children that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complex routines they find on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Lockport and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lockport: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a couple steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lockport normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather as much information about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Lockport could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Being rested is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest each night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Lockport are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Lockport, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lockport
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Lockport are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lockport reviewed by Georgie Stage
Registering changed our lives!
“Right after creating a new account, We immediately gained access to auditions in the area. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”