Dancing auditions for kids in Lovington are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Lovington and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lovington: How to Prepare
Prior to the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Lovington normally demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn details about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Lovington will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest every night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before the audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Lovington take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Lovington, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lovington
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Lovington are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Lovington reviewed by Ezekiel Edmonds
Registering changed everything!
“Right after registering an account, I immediately gained access to dancing auditions in the area. Our child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”