Dancing auditions for kids in Malverne are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complex routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Malverne and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Malverne: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Malverne normally require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research information about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Malverne could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Malverne are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Malverne, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Malverne
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Malverne are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Malverne reviewed by Silvia Begaye
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“After creating an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”