Dancing auditions for kids in Marcy are for children that perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Marcy and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marcy: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are several steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Marcy typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Research information about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Marcy will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to all different types of exercise, not solely dance.
Resting. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well every night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Marcy are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Marcy, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marcy
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Marcy are not so extravagant. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marcy reviewed by Nilda Maness
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after creating a new account, I immediately had access to auditions in the area. My child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”