Dancing auditions for kids in Marengo are for children who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Marengo and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marengo: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Marengo typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Marengo will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well every night for a week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Marengo are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Marengo, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marengo
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Marengo are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marengo reviewed by Carylon Deloatch
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after signing up for a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 1 week!”