Dancing auditions for kids in Marina del Rey are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Marina del Rey and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marina del Rey: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are several things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Marina del Rey usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Marina del Rey will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it is important you expose them to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest each night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Marina del Rey are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Marina del Rey, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marina del Rey
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Marina del Rey are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marina del Rey reviewed by Carole Seeman
I Love this Service!
“Immediately after signing up for a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 1 week!”