Dancing auditions for kids in Marshfield are for children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn challenging routines they like on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Marshfield and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marshfield: Preparing
Prior to the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Marshfield typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition you can. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Marshfield will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dance practice.
Rest Up. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well every night the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Marshfield take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Marshfield, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marshfield
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Marshfield are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Marshfield reviewed by Don Bernardini
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Right after registering an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”