Dancing auditions for kids in Medford are designed to find children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Medford and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Medford: Preparation
Before the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Medford normally require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Medford can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night for a week before an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Medford take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Medford, New York
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Medford
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Medford are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Medford reviewed by Audrey Waldman
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after signing up for a new account, I instantly got access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”