Dancing auditions for kids in Merced are for kids that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform difficult dance routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Merced and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Merced: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Merced normally require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition you can. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Merced can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance.
Resting. Being rested is generally a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Merced take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the routine.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Merced, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Merced
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Merced are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Merced reviewed by Nicole Badilla
Registering changed everything!
“After signing up for a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 2 weeks!”