Dancing auditions for kids in Merrydale are designed for children that perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they watch on TV and the internet? They may have natural talent! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Merrydale and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Merrydale: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Merrydale usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn as much information about the audition as possible. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Merrydale will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not solely dance.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest every night for a week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Merrydale take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Merrydale, Louisiana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Merrydale
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Merrydale are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Merrydale reviewed by Sherrell Buser
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after creating an account, I immediately gained access to dancing auditions in our location. Our child was auditioning within 1 week!”