Dancing auditions for kids in Miami Springs are designed to find children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Miami Springs and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Miami Springs: Preparation
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase your chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Miami Springs typically demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather details about the audition. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Miami Springs will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build their stamina. Children naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get sufficient rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Miami Springs take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Miami Springs, Florida
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Miami Springs
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Miami Springs are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Miami Springs reviewed by Alline Hommel
Signing Up changed our lives!
“Right after opening an account, I immediately gained access to dancing auditions nearby. Our child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”