Dancing auditions for kids in Middle River are designed to find kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they find on the internet and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Middle River and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Middle River: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Middle River normally demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather details about the audition. These are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Production type (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Middle River will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week before the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Middle River take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Middle River, Maryland
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Middle River
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Middle River are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Middle River reviewed by Margaret Taggart
Registering changed our lives!
“Right after signing up for an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”