Dancing auditions for kids in Middleborough are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging routines they like on TV and the internet? They may be a natural dancer! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Middleborough and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Middleborough: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are several things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Middleborough usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition you can. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Middleborough could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, focus, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Middleborough are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Middleborough, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Middleborough
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Middleborough are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Middleborough reviewed by Cleopatra Paik
Registering changed our lives!
“Right after creating a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”