Dancing auditions for kids in Monrovia are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they see on TV and the internet? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Monrovia and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Monrovia: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Monrovia usually require dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research as much details about the audition as possible. These are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Monrovia can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest each night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Monrovia are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Monrovia, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Monrovia
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Monrovia are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Monrovia reviewed by Slyvia Catania
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“After signing up for a new account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”