Dancing auditions for kids in Mount Vernon are designed for kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly learn and perform complicated routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Mount Vernon and some tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Mount Vernon: How to Prepare
Before the audition there are a few steps you can take to improve your performance and increase chances for success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Mount Vernon normally require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition you can. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Mount Vernon could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not just dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get sufficient rest each night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Most dancing auditions for kids in Mount Vernon take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You may be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of other people, there is a tendency to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Mount Vernon, Illinois
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Mount Vernon
Everyone has become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Mount Vernon are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Mount Vernon reviewed by Arnulfo Trumbull
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Immediately after creating an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”